Pages

Saturday 27 February 2010

Back to business for Coldham Hall

CONGRATULATIONS to the new team at Coldham Hall. This beautiful riverside pub in Surlingham will re-open next week. March 2009 saw the bailiffs knocking on the door. March 2010 marks the start of the renaissance under new owners. "It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce that Sunday 7th March will see the long awaited opening," writes managing director Natalie Linder in her latest newsletter. There follows lots of stuff about how great the restaurant will be....Norfolk reared meat, local veg etc. But what really impressed me, was how they're planning on looking after waterborne customers this summer. It doesn't feature in the letter, but this picture tells the story. Extensive new decking and moorings are already being put into place. As I've said before, these guys mean business.

P2270023

3 comments:

  1. Having just moved into the area and hearing that Coldham Hall had been reburfished I emailed the owner on 8th March to find out about their menu and if they were opened on a Monday evening. I had no response. I telephoned them on 11th March, leaving my telephone number for Natalie to contact me. By 9 pm 12th March .. I had heard nothing. I telephoned again and spoke to Natalie .. she was very rude and unhelpful. She also put the phone down on me when I explained that this was very bad customer service. Do I or you want to eat in a place that is managed by someone who does not care or bother about her customers? I know I do not and will ensure I pass my bad experience on to as many people as I can. How very rude of this young lady who could certainly do with some tuition in good manners!!!!‎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Natalie and George - the long awaited re opening of Coldham Hall did not disappoint many of us locals. We had a great long lunch on Saturday, great food with great prices in a much improved ambience in the best pub river setting on the River Yare - well done and hope to be patronising the pub much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also frequented this establishment on numerous occassions when the late Ted Ellis could be found enjoying 'A light bite' I have emailed the establishment many times asking for new menu's, prices etc. haven't heard a thing clearly they are not interested in local clientel, just the tourist trade of the summer. Unless or course they are rude, ill mannered and prefer to be associated with those of similar standards.

    ReplyDelete